RAAA Releases HerdBuilder & GridMaster
Selection Tools Built on Science
Guided by Red Angus philosophies that separate science from politics, Red Angus has developed and is excited to announce the release of the HerdBuilder and GridMaster indices. Powered by Total Herd Reporting data, which allows for the true assessment of the component ERTs, the reliability of Red Angus’ indices are unmatched. Incorporating the HerdBuilder and GridMaster indices into selection decisions will allow for greater progress in attaining the ultimate goal – maximum profitability.
As the name indicates, implementation of the HerdBuilder Index will assist producers in building profitable herds. The HerdBuilder Index is built using the following production scenario:
• Red Angus bulls mated to cows and heifers (resulting progeny ¾ Red Angus, ¼ Simmental)
• Replacement heifers retained from within the herd
• All remaining progeny sold on a quality-based carcass grid.
While Red Angus has traditionally been known as a superior maternal breed, those who have retained ownership in Red Angus calves know of their potential to excel in the feedyard and ultimately hang a premium carcass. The GridMaster Index is built using the following production scenario:
• Red Angus bulls mated to cows (resulting progeny ¾ Red Angus, ¼ Simmental)
• All progeny sold on a quality-based carcass grid.