The RAAA Promotions Committee has transitioned the Affiliate Grant Program to an ad hoc/case-by-case basis. This new update eliminates affiliates missing out on program dollars if they are unable to plan a whole year’s activities in advance.This new program comes with new guidelines:
- Funds will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- No affiliate will be allocated more than 20% of the budgeted funds in the first six months of the fiscal year. If there are unallocated funds by Feb. 1 of the fiscal year, an affiliate that has been allocated its original 20% can reapply for more funding.
- Affiliate will be required to notify their intent to use funding by Jan 1. of the fiscal year so that adjustments can be made for allocation to other affiliates, if necessary.
- An affiliate may submit an application with more than one project on it or can submit them one at a time. Hypothetically, an affiliate could submit a whole year’s worth of plans as was the case in the past, as long as the application is itemized by project and cost per project.
- Affiliate must submit their applications one month in advance of the deadline for the materials or event (ex. If the ad for a publication is due on Oct. 1, the application must be received by Sept. 1).
- The same rules apply in terms of not being able to use funds for food/drink, RAM ads or breeder directories.
- Print ads must be in line with the RAAA national ad campaign.
- Special consideration will be given to print ads that are placed in publications that are not already being advertised in by the RAAA (this is especially applicable to regional publications).
The next grant period will be for July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2022.
Programs should focus on promoting the Red Angus breed to commercial cattlemen and activities that support the Strategic Plan. Activities promoting individual breeders within the affiliate will not be approved.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW AND PDF APPLICATION