RAAA strives to share the positive attributes of the Red Angus breed with commercial cattle producers from coast to coast. The extensive network of state affiliates allows the association to reach a much broader network of producers. The Affiliate Grant Program provides affiliates with funding to supplement the promotional efforts of the national office through their own creative venues. Applications are reviewed on ad hoc/case-by-case basis.
- Funds will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- No affiliate will be allocated more than 20% of the budgeted funds in the first six months of the fiscal year. If there are unallocated funds by Feb. 1, 2024, an affiliate that has been allocated its original 20% can reapply for more funding.
- Affiliate will be required to notify their intent to use funding by Jan 1, 2024, so that adjustments can be made for allocation to other affiliates, if necessary.
- An affiliate may submit an application with more than one project or can submit single projects one at a time. Hypothetically, an affiliate could submit a whole year’s worth of plans as was the case in the past, as long as the application is itemized by project and cost per project.
- Affiliate must submit their applications one month in advance of the deadline for the materials or event (ex. If the ad for a publication is due on Oct. 1, the application must be received by Sept. 1.)
- Funds cannot be used for food/drink, RAM ads or breeder directories.
- Print ads must be in line with the RAAA national ad campaign.
- Special consideration will be given to print ads that are placed in publications that are not already being advertised in by the RAAA (this is especially applicable to regional publications.)
The current grant period will be for July 1, 2023, through June 30, 2024.
Programs should focus on promoting the Red Angus breed to commercial cattlemen and activities that support the Strategic Plan. Activities promoting individual breeders within the affiliate will not be approved.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW AND APPLICATION
Affiliate Calendar of Events